Monday 14 March 2011

On Mission

So, over the weekend, I was away on my church camp. It was very fun. :)
That's not what I'm writing about, though. On the camp, we had 3 Bible studies. They were about being "on mission" and having a "mission lifestyle". That basically means how we can be missionaries for God, and how our whole lives can be (and should be) a mission for God.
One of the studies was completely focused on how we can use the internet for mission, and for spreading the Gospel. It really stuck out to me that having this blog is one way I can be a reflection of Jesus' Light in the world. This is one way I can reach out.
OK, so I'm not the most amazing at words. I'm not a preacher. I don't know everything about the Bible. But I can still be a witness for Jesus. So can you.
Even though we're not going off to be missionaries in Africa (well, I'm not, you might be! Comment and tell me if you are, coz that's great!), we can still be a witness to others.
Think John 5:14-16 -- "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise you Father in Heaven."
So, come on, girls. Let's be lamps, lights and candles! And think about it... one or two candles in a dark room aren't going to do much, are they? But a hundred? A thousand? A MILLION?? Yeah, that'd make it pretty bright! Let's light the candles! ;)

So, what's going to be your "mission"? Is your lifestyle a mission lifestyle? I don't know if mine is, but, with God's help, I hope it will be soon!

Have a wonderfully mission-filled day!
Love, Bess x

No comments:

Post a Comment