Wednesday 16 March 2011

We can do anything (with a bit of help!)

I'm about to fall asleep and it's only 4:20 in the afternoon! :) So, this post could make no sense whatsoever. (Does anyone else LOVE that word? Whatsoever? How awesome is it!?)

Anyways.... so i was thinking today about a Bible verse. I don't know where it's from, and I don't knwo if I know the whole verse, but here it is: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I love that verse. It's so simple, and yet so powerful. And it's so true!

How crazy is it that the One who DIED for us, us; the small insignificant people on the tiny blue dot that never listen to the Creator of the Universe, still wants to help us, even after he did so much for, even as much as to offer up his life! That's just -- wow! I don't even know how to describe that. Crazy!



So, we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength! That is cool. :) Anything? We can do ANYTHING! That means we can reach out to the entire world (through Christ who gives us strength), we can end world poverty (through Christ who gives us strength), we can hike up mountains for 2 weeks (through Christ who gives us strength).... we can do absolutetly ANYTHING! Just ask and it shall be given to you!

Like that other verse (don't know where it's from) says: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
So, all we need to do is belive in Jesus, and we get all these bonus things. Gifts of Grace. Pretty cool, huh? So, believe, ask, recieve.

Remember, we can do anything through Christ!
Love, Bess x

2 comments:

  1. It's true. I know it is. I guess you'll come back and I will have a novel for you to read;)

    sometimes we do things that seem stupid, or pointless, or don't have a reason. but if we're with Jesus, and follow where He shows us to go... different decisions lead to different opportunities.

    love your background, by the way! I'll have to help you fix the top bit sometime. :D

    Luv,emii

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly half-way, Bessie! One more week and you'll be home. You guys are legends. I just thought I'd tell you that. I hope you're having a truly amazing time up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete